The novelty is starting to wear off now. Trying to draw from the same vein 3 weeks in a row is not a good idea, so after a failed attempt we had to switch arms. I now have matching punctures in both arms. I feel a bit like a pin cushion.
Also, since I didn't anticipate the switch, I didn't shave the arm hair, so there's that too.
I tried to read a book during the procedure to pass the time and keep my mind off things, but I found myself re-reading the same paragraph several times. It is not easy to concentrate on a plot when feeling uncomfortable like that.
It is a bit disheartening to think I'll be doing this regularly (albeit, less frequently) for the rest of my life. Although I must consider myself lucky that this condition is treatable, and there are many people in far worse positions than me - and some are in the room receiving treatments at the same time as me.
Staying positive, moving forward, getting it done!
No comments:
Post a Comment